Expecting your first child?
Grab your free Plan for Baby Guide, The Essential Planning Guide for New Parents.
It's your cheat sheet on baby gear, childbirth classes, birth plans and more so you can focus on the most important needs for this exciting time of life.
Will your marriage handle the transition into parenthood?
Did you know 1 in 4 couples divorce within the first 5 years after the birth of their first child? Not only that, 67% of couples report a decline in marital satisfaction after they have a child.
I help couples beat the statistics and prepare their relationship for a new baby through private coaching and the Kissing Parenthood Hello™ group workshop (based on the Bringing Baby Home workshop from Drs. John and Julie Gottman).
WHAT IS COVERED IN THE KISSING PARENTHOOD HELLO™ PROGRAM?
Through a series of short presentations, couple exercises, multimedia clips and facilitated group discussion (for workshop only), I teach couples the skills needed to encourage healthy, supportive family relationships while decreasing postpartum depression, relationship conflict and hostility.
The program covers how to:
- Strengthen your friendship
- Deal effectively with conflict
- Involve dads in infant care and parenting
- Manage changes in roles and responsibilities
- Preserve sexual intimacy after childbirth
- Recognize the psychological and emotional needs of your child
What you get in the workshop:
- Instruction and support from a relationship expert trained in marriage and family therapy and certified by The Gottman Institute
- Private, dedicated time and space to focus on your relationship
- Couples Workbook from The Gottman Institute: a 250-page handbook with helpful parenting tips, relationship interaction guides, interactive couples exercises, and reputable relationship and parenting research,
- 6 Card Decks: fun cards from the Bringing Baby Home program with interactive questions and exercises for parents. Titles include Love Map Cards, Love Map Cards for Couples with Kids, Open-Ended Questions Cards, Father's Cards, Expressing Needs Cards, Softened Start-up Cards.
Next Kissing Parenthood Hello™ Workshop: November 18, 2017 | 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
If you would like to host a workshop for your organization or church, I am happy to work with you to customize a special event for your group.