Join us for our next group relationship workshop for new and expectant couples. You'll learn how to strengthen your relationship as you transition into parenthood and get more sex, sleep and sanity after bringing baby home.
WHAT IS COVERED IN THE KISSING PARENTHOOD HELLO™ PROGRAM?
Did you know 1 in 4 couples divorce within the first 5 years after the birth of their first child? Not only that, 67% of couples report a decline in marital satisfaction after they have a child. That doesn't have to be the case for you! It's possible to transition into parenthood, experiencing deeper intimacy and connection as you build your family.
I help couples beat the statistics and prepare their relationship for a new baby through private coaching and the Kissing Parenthood Hello™ group workshop (based on the Bringing Baby Home workshop from Drs. John and Julie Gottman).
Through a series of short presentations, couple exercises, multimedia clips and facilitated group discussion, I teach couples the skills needed to encourage healthy, supportive family relationships while decreasing postpartum depression, relationship conflict and hostility.
The program covers how to:
- strengthen your friendship
- deal effectively with conflict
- involve dads in infant care and parenting
- manage changes in roles and responsibilities
- restore sexual intimacy after childbirth
- recognize the psychological and emotional needs of your child
What you get in the workshop:
- Instruction and support from a relationship expert trained in marriage and family therapy and certified by The Gottman Institute
- Private, dedicated time and space to focus on your relationship
- Couples Workbook from The Gottman Institute: a 250-page handbook with helpful parenting tips, relationship interaction guides, interactive couples exercises, and reputable relationship and parenting research
- 6 Card Decks: fun cards from the Bringing Baby Home program with interactive questions and exercises for parents. Titles include Love Map Cards, Love Map Cards for Couples with Kids, Open-Ended Questions Cards, Father's Cards, Expressing Needs Cards, Softened Start-up Cards.
What couples say about the workshop:
"I'd never experienced anything like this workshop and it was so incredibly helpful! The conversations we had as a couple on the topics Chanel taught have really prepared us to have our first baby."
"I've been really worried that once this baby arrives, my husband and I are going to lose time with one another. This workshop gave me hope for how we can still be an "us" after our daughter is born."
About Chanel Dokun
Clients say I bring clarity to chaos and do it all with unwavering optimism because I believe everyone is entitled to live a meaningful life with deep, thriving relationships. I am a relationship expert trained in marriage and family therapy as well as a staff counselor for Redeemer Counseling Services in Manhattan. I am certified by the Gottman Insitute as a Bringing Baby Home Childbirth Educator and by Prepare Enrich. I'm also the mother to the most adorable two-year old you will ever meet in New York City and the wife to a superhero psychiatrist who is saving the world one mind at a time.
Location: 853 Broadway, New York, NY
Investment $350 per couple (includes refreshments)
*Can't commit to the full 6-hour workshop on November 18th? Contact Chanel by clicking the button below for alternative dates and options.